Wednesday, July 31, 2013

An Average Parisian Day

I've been meaning to do this for ages and finally got around to it on our last day of classes. Here is my day in pictures. 


Wake up & get ready in my room.

Walk down to the RER station.

Await the train.

CROWDED.

Crossing Place Denfert-Rochereau on the way to the Institut Protestant de Théologie where our classes are held:

Breakfast!

I always wonder where people go when they disappear through doorways. This is the doorway through which I disappear.

The front courtyard at IPT:

Up to my classroom. This is where I am for most of the day.

If not in class I'm in the faculty office:

The resident cat at IPT. Several of the students have given him various names; one calls him Jambon because she feeds him some of her ham sandwich at lunchtime. So I call him Jambon also.

Get the train back at the end of my afternoon class.

Today I did some work on the terrace of the café at Cité U.

Then I had to go into the library to use a computer there. While there I picked up Le Point (Newsweek-type magazine) to read about "Better Living with Aristotle and Plato." (Only in France where philosophy features on high school graduation exams.)

Dinner at FIAP Jean Monnet, another student residence, because our cafeteria is closed for renovations.

Walking back from FIAP as the sun begins to think about maybe setting in another hour or two. (This was around 8:30.)

And so to bed.















No comments:

Post a Comment