Sunday, July 21, 2013

Eurostar

Just about to leave in the Eurostar back to Paris after a great weekend with Annabel & Robert, my favorite hosts in London. I managed to change my leftover £ back into €, all except £2.25 in change which I used to buy a yogurt parfait at Caffè Nero. Caffè Nero is a Starbucks-ish chain in London but their signs use a square, all-caps typeface that causes me to think of the name as Caffè Nerd. Which is a better name anyway, right?

Rolling out now in a packed train. The Eurostar is excellent: runs on time, smooth, fast, comfortable. Crossing under the Channel we were in the tunnel for only 20 minutes. It's amazing. Of course it is, or can be, more expensive than flying on something like RyanAir but I think it's worth it. Less of a pain in the neck than flying and the seats are roomier. 

Now passing under the Channel. Human accomplishment is an amazing thing. À bientôt!

1 comment:

  1. Amazing to think of crossing the Channel so quickly and easily! I'd prefer train travel to flying any old day!

    ReplyDelete