Wednesday, July 9, 2014

Wednesday, July 9: Equilibrium restored

We had a rough night last night and a rough day today doing follow-up, debriefing, etc. from the night's events. I can't go into detail so I'll just say that (1) everyone is fine and (2) I work with a great team who are tireless in sacrificing their own needs to make sure that students are safe, taken care of, and getting their needs met. By this afternoon, things were settled down and I was free to do laundry and eat dinner while watching Toute une histoire (daytime talk show in the Dr. Phil vein) on my computer. (I will watch anything in the interest of listening comprehension.)

It is pouring rain again and it is 15C/59F outside. Terrible weather for photography but I did snap an interesting view of the decoration on my building:
It is "Southeast Asia House" and you can see it is decorated accordingly.

I'm eagerly awaiting improved weather so I can get out and take more photos. The forecast for Bastille Day is good and I do know where to stand to get a good view of the flyover. But for now I'm going to crawl into bed. It's good sleeping weather for sure. Tomorrow I go with 2 professors on their field trip to the Musée d'Orsay. I was a little "museumed out" when I went last year so I'll be happy to see it again while fresh. First museum visit this year!

No comments:

Post a Comment