Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Better content than mine

So it turns out that The Atlantic's senior editor Ta-Nehisi Coates has been in Paris since about the same time I arrived there and has been writing a series of "Dispatches" about his experiences. I was busy being in Paris and missed reading these as they appeared. I'm also tantalized by the prospect of having crossed paths with Mr. Coates at, e.g., Shakespeare & Co. without knowing it, since I would not readily have recognized him.

Mr. Coates and I are as different as chalk and cheese in every possible way. His essays make my blog entries look like kindergarten drawings. But these are reasons that you SHOULD read them.  Here is the most recent "Dispatch," which barely mentions Paris and yet rings totally true to me as a fellow lover of that city.  And here is my favorite; I only hope TNC, as the commentariat calls him, will not mind if I immediately adopt his "no-huddle offense" analogy, which is perfect.

No comments:

Post a Comment