Friday, June 19, 2015

Ten Things I Miss/Look Forward To About Paris (Mostly Food & Drinks)


  1. Un café 
  2. L'Écir (in my head this is "our" café as it's down the street from the classroom building)
  3. Carte Noire 
  4. Badoit Rouge (intensément pétillant, and isn't "pétillant" a nicer word than "fizzy"?)
  5. Falafel in the Marais
  6. Volvic au Jus d'Agrumes (and pretty much anything else aux agrumes including Volvic Citron)
  7. Amorino gelato 
  8. Boeuf tartare 
  9. The RATP
  10. Les soldes

2 comments:

  1. I love - and this is a dreadful confession for an Englishwoman - Lipton's Thé aux Agrumes. But there is nicer coffee than Carte Noire.....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No doubt you're right about Carte Noire, but their instant coffee is head & shoulders above any instant available in the U.S. I buy a packet of 100 "sticks" to use while I'm there & then bring back the extra to stash in my desk.

      And I can see how a French product from an American tea brand would make an Englishwoman feel sheepish! :-D

      Delete