Sunday, June 30, 2013

Departure day

My 14 items are packed; my electronics are charged; my passport is in plain sight atop my carry-on to forestall the inevitable flickers of "Have I lost my passport?" paranoia. Our flight leaves this evening and we arrive in Paris tomorrow afternoon after changing planes in Frankfurt.

The only last-minute adjustment I've had to make is that I am not taking my laptop with me. Daniel's computer abruptly died Thursday night so I am leaving my laptop for him to use. In its place I have an iPad checked out from the English department at MGSC (for which thanks are owed to Dr. Rogers, who returned one so I could check it out).  Using a tablet exclusively will be a new experience for me. I've found that I can type on it pretty well, so blogging should proceed apace. However, an iPad has no SD card slot, so I can't upload photos from my camera. Of course, that doesn't mean I won't take any--I have been eager to photograph Paris since I bought my camera a full year ago.

I still need to set up a few apps on the iPad to make up for being laptopless. Gonna go do that, finish the last-minute packing, and get ready to set out on this adventure. See you on the other side!

No comments:

Post a Comment